Friday, January 13, 2006

 

Sexy Midgets! (title is relevant, I swear)

Quick, read the link before ESPN turns into a pay article
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/051206

holy hell.
how did I miss this? The Pied Piper.
I know I watch Canadian hockeycentre, but I should have known about this.
it should also be noted that this article takes all available positions on the issue at once. Is it a brilliant journalistic representation of the conflicted relationship of african americans to the event? Or is it lazy writing with no preparation, no syntax, and no editor? Who can tell?
Is this article bad? or am I racist? I do embrace the idea of written word mirroring speech. And I do respect the idea that conventionally idea that written syntax may not properly express the experiences of american who are black.

Comments:
If you can tell me what Scoop Jackson is trying to say, then perhaps I would be better prepared to argue that it is a meaningful article. But until then that piece is a jumble of barely coherent words.
 
Yeah, I thought sports writing was supposed to be good. (No, I've never read sports writing, but I have it on the authority of my poetry professor and the one time Britt read Sports Guy to me.) I quote: "Yet (again: simultaneously, at the same time)..." Now if that doesn't sound like tv football commentary, I don't know what does.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?