Thursday, February 23, 2006

 

it's a long day, livin' in Reseda

so boogie nights is really good.

Yeah yeah, you all saw it when it came out and are totally over it, but I really enjoyed it. The plot is a lot silly, but it still holds my attention because the actors are so goddamn good. don cheadle, burt reynolds, luis guzmn, john c reilly, william h macy, julianne moore. jeez. I thought the later development in the movie where you realize that they are all children was very interesting. and a good commentary on celebrity in general. it also makes a less-than-subtle parallel between adult film and the pimp-prosititute relationship. mark wahlberg is very likeable in the movie. the prosthesis shot at the end was a total let down. they should have left it unshown. and in response to bill simmons, the problem with heather graham is that she really can't act, which is a shame because she is very beautiful, but it is apparent all the way back to the beginning of her career in this movie.

can it be march 10th so I can find out about my funding? I know how I hate to wait, like even for a bus or something.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?