Wednesday, February 01, 2006

 
so apparently maureen dowd used to date Michael Douglass (now married to Catherine Zeta-Jones). http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-stein3jan03,0,1882523.column?coll=la-news-comment-opinions I know. I can't believe I just linked to anything by the LA times either. but I find this stuff fascinating in a geek US weekly kind of way (TM Kyla Dahlin). And since wonkette broke my heart, wrote a shitty book, and stopped digging up this silly stuff for me, I have to do it myself. if anyone knows of any other dowd conquests. please post here. I am looking for any kind of written confirmation of a Warren Beatty tryst.

while I'm at it, since when did the LA times become a respectable paper in anyone's eyes? why didn't I get this memo? Heinous establishment rag rooted in the developmental culture of LA (TM Mike Davis) But I guess now blogs will also excerpt from the NY post and the Washington Times so using "The Manitoban" as a source can't be far behind.

and if you are bored, check senior beavis (genetic coefficent of relatedness=0.5) about Indie-Yuppies. http://senorbeavis.blogspot.com/2006/01/baa-baa-white-sheep.html

Comments:
I am amazed at the Dowd-Douglass news, thank you for finding that.

On the other hand, I should have found it myself because I read the LATimes constantly because it is the best damn paper in the U.S. The reason that you didn't know about this is apparently nobody seems to care; they've been winning awards and yet the Tribune Company, who owns them, continues to downsize them because their circ numbers haven't gone up.

This is why nobody reads newspapers anymore. But you should. Including the series they're doing now on public education in California. While I'm at it, screw The New York Times.

Rant over.

-your old friend, Julia Green.
 
I'm somewhat sure that Dowd had an affair with former NYT editor Howell Raines. Someone else should Googleconfirm this, though.

Nice to follow Julia Green.

-GHK
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?