Wednesday, October 04, 2006

 

Ellipsoids!

I love eggs. Always have. I have been known to consume piles of scrambled eggs intended for two people without batting an eyelash. (Ask springydog.) My feeble defense to such an act of gluttony was "They're so fertile." So it brought me great happiness to see a big article about eggs in NYT. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/04/dining/04mini.html
better than that, the article, instead of just being a trend-watch about restaurants 1200mi away that are too expensive for me to eat in, includes tips on ideal soft-boiled and scrambled eggs and thier use at all meals. Not rocket science, I know, but eggs are one of those things to seem so simple taht you don't consult an expert (at least I don't). but the right combination of time and heat makes a huge difference.

you may now be jealous of me and the dozen fresh eggs I get sunday nights from the family farm of my wonderfully kind friend and classmate . And don't get me started on the tomatoes. or the hutterite pickles.

Ensalade caprese deserves a whole separate post.

Comments:
This is a shoutout to springydog. I'm going to make lots of scrambled eggs for her exclusive consumption.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?