Thursday, October 05, 2006

 

vice--the hipster lads magazine

rare is it that I bother with vice magazine past the "do's and don'ts." But today I did and came across an amusing series about high school. They asked folks from different age classes to recount the cliques and styles in thier highschool. Pretty funny, and also fairly accurate. I am impressed by the clarity and detail of recall. keep an eye out for the 1996-2000 section. and play "spot yourself." Most fun place to play it since "I am charlotte simmons."

http://www.viceland.com/int/v13n9/htdocs/hier3.php?country=ca
http://www.viceland.com/int/v13n9/htdocs/hier1.php?country=ca

Comments:
I dunno--I attended a Quaker school just outside of Philadelphia that was (relatively) racially diverse and over 50 percent Jewish and didn't have a football team. Not to say that some of those stereotypes aren't accurate--it just meant that the jocks and cheerleaders were replaced by rich non-athletic kids who could drink and smoke even more often.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?