Tuesday, January 23, 2007

 
I think john darnielle is an anti-anti-depressant. I am now listening to "the sunset tree" for the 5th time since friday. and it is making me miserable. laustintexas brought this idea up a while ago. well, they were right. I think the secret is that it isn't inherently mopey music as far as tempo and inflection goes (dashboard et al), the lyrics are just misery-inducing.

I woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep until 6. this hasn't happened since I was 11. I blame the mountain goats. or maybe my colossal academic inferiority complex.

Comments:
Oh man, you made me pull up my iTunes, but then I couldn't decide if I wanted to listen to "This Year" ("I'm gonna make it...through this year...if it kills me") or "No Children" ("I hope I lie and tell everyone you were a good wife...I hope you die...I hope we both die"). Perfect music for the day after the most depressing day of the year!
 
"i am gonna make it through this year if it kills me." i want a t-shirt that says that. MG songs hit us where we've all lived at one time or another . . . i wish i could write that way
 
top to bottom the album is so strong. "up the wolves" "hast thou considered the tetrapod" and "dance music" are all winners.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?