Friday, January 12, 2007

 
it is a new kind of cold: too cold to breath.

when I breath through my mouth, the breath catches in my throat. When I breath through my nose, I can feel the crystals forming in my nostrils.

If I inhale and exhale through my balaclava, there is nice warm air on my face, but the moisture supposedly promotes facial frostbite.

I think I have solved this problem by inhaling through my mouth covered by my balaclava, and exhaling though my nose. this seems to minimize associated problems.

It is also too cold to walk the 20' home.

but blue truck started like a charm last night. and the bus was on time. thank goodness for small favors

Comments:
Having just started a cold snap here (poor, bald Ben got up in the middle of the night to get a hat to sleep in), I believe God is trying to tell all of us that the only civilized place to live is the tropics. --EW
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?