Thursday, February 22, 2007

 
so apparently this guy from ohio says that rawson thurber's "Dodgeball" was stolen from his screenplay about his life story as a misfit dodgeball champion. this is hilarious in and of itself. NYT has picked this up as a virtuous underdog versus slimy hollywood establishment story. and there certainly seems to be some grounds for that. like a lot of grounds. That being said, they paint mr. thurber as an oily chad using just a single photograph. However, Mr. Thurber was the brains behind "Terry Tate: Office Linebacker" series of Reebok ads which was one of the most brilliant series of commercials I have ever seen. The whole story would be a lot more cohesive if his reputation weren't built on something so good. I am also glad I am not named rawson thurber. although I do have a preppy and offputting name too

Comments:
I've never seen Dodgeball, but he's writing and directing an adaptation of "The Mysteries of Pittsburgh?" God damn, that book sucks! Although it's possible that I was so put off by its incident of unspeakable animal cruelty that it colored my entire perspective.

Also, props to the NYT photo dept for picking probably the most douchy looking photo of Mr. Thurber possible.
 
For the record, I think Rawson Marshall Thurber is way WASPier than your name. -EW
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?