Tuesday, March 27, 2007

 
I am pleased that georgetown is in the final four. given that my father teaches there and senor beavis is an alumnus, rooting for them is very natural. I am displeased that the tournament went so smoothly by seeds. this means that I am roundly eliminated from everything while all those folks who stay with the seeds are trouncing me. springydog is here, despite the fact that she hates winnipeg with the white hot intensity of 1000 suns. it may be a coincidence that our snowpack has gone to zero during her visit, but i think it is a heat-island effect from her displeasure. You know it is spring in winnipeg when you can see the picnic tables again.

I have been playing with some impossibly cool machines at work including a freeze drier (I have resisted the urge to place some ice cream in it to see what happens). our homogenizer is a coffee grinder. it is a little surreal to put a freeze-dried arctic fish into a coffee grinder and hold the button down in the name of science.

Comments:
It does seem logical that springydog's presence would make it springier! Although it was quite springy in Cambridge today, too.
 
I sort of like that we're seeing the best teams in the final four, instead of the teams who just got hot at the time their opponents got cold. Because when the formerly hot team cools off (like George Mason last year) teams get their ass kicked by 30 points, and that shouldn't happen in the Final Four except in rare cases (UNLV-Duke in 1991).

I am pleased to hear that Winnipeg is finally thawing out a little bit. Our big thaw happened last week, when it went from 25 degrees to 75 degrees in the span of 3 days. It has cooled off since then, but the snow and the ice are gone (hopefully) for good.
 
There is never a bad time to use "white hot intensity of 1000 suns." Where's that expression from anyway? I can't remember.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?