Thursday, January 18, 2007

 
back from a 5 day trip to fairbanks. fairbanks is beautiful. It is full of snow-covered pine trees and northern lights. that being said, the sun doesn't rise until 10.30. It is warmer there than winnipeg, because they don't have wind.

I smuggled some arctic cod samples back to canada to do calorimetry on. I was given these fish in a cooler with lunchbox ice packs for a 12 hr plane trip. My attempts to keep them frozen included wrapping the cooler in my fleece, putting the contraption in my carry-on duffel and wrapping the duffel in my winter jacket in the hopes of maximizing insulation. I cut a pretty absurd figure in all the airports. real scientists have dry ice and shipping permits. I might as well have been pushing my yellowmicrobus up to 30mph. I guess that is half the fun.

it has warmed up in winnipeg, so I will now stop whining about the cold.

sorry about the breathe vs. breath typo in the last post.

Comments:
You should get the Michael Vick fake waterbottle to smuggle the cod. Well, except that you can't bring waterbottles on flights. Did the cod-sniffing dogs give you the business?
 
I didn't breath(e) a word about the typo! Not a word! I barely even noticed it!

How DID you get the fish through security? They just watched them go by? Will the x-rays have affected their caloric value?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?